Tiverton Hunt Branch
of the Pony Club
Last updated on 24th February 2017
Welcome to the Tiverton Hunt branch of the UK Pony Club (in Mid-Devon, Area 15)
Current club events:
You can download the Winter 2017 Programme here (Posted 29th December)
** NEW ONLINE BOOKING and PAYMENT **
click here to go to booking page
Quiz – 15th February at Cullompton Community Hall, Silverton Pony Club
This is the section where we publicise club members' achievements in 2017
If you have information about achievements an event, test passes, or
similar things that you would like to
Area Quiz – Tiverton Qualify for Championships
Wednesday 15th February
We sent two teams to the Area 15 quiz qualifier held on Wednesday the 15th February at Cullompton,
and oh boy (although all girls!), they did us proud.
Tiverton Red (Ellie Discombe, Emma Bainbridge, Jessica Grant and Katie Bainbridge) came 1st with 148.5 points,
and Tiverton Blue (Emma Fallon, Sophie Fallon, Molly Clist and Grace Sinclair) were a close second with 142 points.
Sadly only one team can qualify, so it is the Reds who will make the trip to Addington, Buckinghamshire for the
National final on the 2nd April, where will try and improve on our 10th position in the 2015 final.
We are lucky to have quality in depth, and I'm sure that members of the young and talented Blue team will have their
chance to represent the Club at a final in the future. A huge thank you to all members who took part
(and thank you also to Emily Northam for your help with training).
Tiverton Red 148.5 1st Winning Branch
Tiverton Blue 142 2nd
Devon and Somerset 138.5 3rd
Sidmouth Riding Centre 133 4th Winning Centre
Dulverton West North Molton Lightening 131 5th
Dulverton West North Molton Thunder 129 6th
East Devon 123 7th
Taunton Vale Hedge Hoppers 116 8th
Tiverton Foxhounds Kennel Visit
and Hunting Badge
Tuesday 14th February
Members enjoyed a visit to Tiverton Foxhound Kennels as part of the hunting certificate
They were showed around and explained etiquette and the day to day running of the kennels
Taunton Vale PC Team and Individual Showjumping - KSEC
Sunday 12th February
Well done to all who took part and braved the freezing cold conditions in the TVPC Show Jumping Event at KSEC.
Tiverton had a team with Emily Miller, Myrtle Scudamore and Margot Scudamore in the 2.0" class and all jumped clear rounds
and the team came 2nd. Emily Miller came 3rd and Myrtle Scudamore came 4th individually which was a brilliant.
Sophie Fallon jumped in the 2.3"-2.6" and 2.6" --2.9" and jumped clear in both of her classes
and came 2nd in her mixed team, very well done Sophie
Archie Hare jumped in the 3" class and the 3.0"-3.3" and jumped two very good rounds, well done!
Well done to all who competed.
Mendip Farmers Arena Eventing
Emily Miller the only member represented Tiverton did really well.
After a small issue at the first fence went on to jump the rest of the course clear and helped her mixed team achieve 4th place.
Sunday 22nd January 2017
Emily Miller was Joint first in shoot and had best swim and was placed 1st individually,
and along with Connor Heard, Abi Cottrell and Matthew Heal the Tiverton Terriers were 1st.
Tiverton Cubs Archie Cottrell, Liliana Cole and Jess Miller we 14th
Katie Heal was 4th individually and along with Lachy Heard in a mixed team were 5th
All our competitors did well in very big classes
Sunday 15th January 2017
Bi: Matthew Heal came 1st with Best Run.
Mini Girls: Katie Heal came 2nd with Best Shoot and Run.
Mini Boys: Jack Emmett came 1st with Best Run and Swim.
Tiverton Team: Jack, Katie and Rebecca were 3rd.
D & S Triathlon
Sunday 8th January 2017
Bi: Emily Miller 1st with Best Run and Swim (a fantastic 110m),
Matthew Heal 4th , and the team with Abi Cottrell and Jessie Miller also came 1st.
Liliana Cole also took part and was part of a mixed team.
Under 9's: Katie Heal was 1st with best Run, Rebecca Emmett 6th and the Team with Olly Coe were also 2nd.
Mini Boy: Jack Emmett was 1st with Best Run, Swim and Shoot.
2016 Body Protector Rule
Body Protectors are compulsory for all Cross Country riding and Pony Racing, training or competing.Click here for more information: http://www.pcuk.org/uploads/dcs/Body_Protector_Rule_2016_FV.pdf
Body Protectors must meet BETA 2009 Level 3 standard (purple label).
2016 Hat Rule
Hats are compulsory whilst mounted, they should meet safety standards:
• PAS 015:1998 or 2011* with BSI KitemarkClick here for more information: http://www.pcuk.org/uploads/dcs/Hat_Rule_2016_FV.pdf
• Snell E2001* with the official Snell label and number
• VG1 with BSI Kitemark
• ASTM-F1163 2004a with the SEI mark
• AS/NZS 3838 1998, 2003 or 2006
Hats should be tagged with White Pony Club hat tags
Programmes of other local (not just Tiverton PC) events
Tiverton Pony Club Results can be found on the the following pages
- Local Events & Shows: Local shows, horse trials and other events in the mid-Devon area.
- Calendar. Index in date order, with links to event details, of both branch and other local open events.
- Shows at Heazle: Showing, Outdoor and Indoor showjumping
- Results from Biathlon and Triathlon 2015, Sunday 26th April at Wellington
- Results from ODE on 12th July 2014 at Bicton Arena, also photos are on http://www.jayphotos.co.uk
- Results from Mini Tet, 30th Aug 2014 at Newhill Farm Uplowman
- Mounted Games Pairs competition 13th April 2010 (Results)
- Open Hunter Trials 17th April 2010 (Results)
- Tri and Tetrathlon 24th & 25th April 2010 (Results)
- One Day Event 11th July 2010 (Results
Inter-area Tri/Tetrathlon 1st & 2nd June 2010
Results: in html format (web page) or xlsx format (spreadsheet)
- Open Hunter Trials 26th April 2009 (Photos)
- Tri/Tetrathlon 2nd and 3rd May 2009 (Photos)
- Open One Day Event 5th July 2009 (Photos)
- Open Summer Show Sunday 9th August (Photos
- Rosettes and more - from a family run business, contact Jane Brake (01823 680280 / 07791 247489 or email her)
- Sponsors - the kind people and local businesses who help by sponsoring our events
- Therapy for horses and dogs
- Farriers. Find local farriers (search by postcode), info about qualifications, etc.
- Dressage Test sheets available online
- Help and advice for young people and their parents.
Details about the Tiverton Pony Club. Click on a link in the table below to learn more.
For sale and wanted
Local Non-PC Events
of the horse
Test sheets available online
General Information about the Pony Club.
The Pony Club is a national charity, originally founded in
England in 1929 but which has since spread to many countries around the world.
See the main UK pony club website: http://www.pcuk.org/, and a WWW search will turn up many sites in the US, Australia and elsewhere.
The purpose of the Pony Club is to:
Membership is open to boys and girls up to the age of 17, and those aged 18 to 25 can be associate members: see Membership for more information.
Feedback: please contact me with any thoughts, suggestions or opinions about this site.
Please do not use my contact details for any marketing, sales, advertising or other commercial purposes.
That includes "may be of interest to your members" blurb. It all goes straight into the bin / junk email folder.